ORLANDO, Fla. (USA) — Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim), a global developer of advanced military simulation and training software, announces the launch of its new technology product, Mantle ETM. Mantle Enterprise Terrain Management (ETM) is a custom-built platform based on proven COTS components and expert design/development services for creating simulated terrain for training, mission rehearsal, visualization and terrain analysis.
“Mantle ETM is based on the terrain pipeline work we’ve been doing with the US Army. We’re very excited to present this technology to our entire customer base, the advantages will be truly compelling”, says BISim President, Arthur Alexion.
A Mantle ETM installation delivers a cloud-capable1 custom terrain pipeline that works with your data, processes, servers, and runtimes, integrating with your existing terrain capabilities or delivering a full end-to-end terrain creation and management solution from scratch.
“One of Mantle ETM’s use cases is taking geospatial terrain data from almost any source and providing a high fidelity, procedurally improved base globe to multiple simulations or visualization runtimes. This essentially makes it an important tool for creating a Digital Twin of anywhere on Earth”, says Earl Laamanen, TerraSim’s Technical Director.
Cloud is not required, Mantle ETM can also run on an internal network
Making terrain for high-fidelity simulation is difficult and challenging. Searching out good source data, building correlated terrain for multiple runtimes, synchronizing data between different simulation clients, storing the vast amount of source data, utilizing classified and other restricted data, and editing data “on the fly”. Historically, these challenges have resulted in separate specialist teams building terrain data disconnected from the point-of-need users together with high costs and long lead times to obtain the required finished terrain. Mantle ETM solves these challenges.
Benefits of Mantle ETM
- Effective: Mantle ETM simplifies enterprise-wide terrain handling for simulation and visualization by providing you with a cloud-capable terrain server that can be integrated with your existing terrain capabilities.
- Proven: The Mantle ETM platform is based on robust COTS components - TerraTools components (for terrain generation), VBS4’s Blue Data Pipeline technology (for procedural enhancement), and VBS World Server components (terrain storage and server capabilities).
- Easy-to-use: Mantle ETM is designed with accessibility in mind. Users can quickly learn to rapidly create and edit terrain on the fly with the VBS Geo editing tool, leveraging the 8,000+ 3D model content library. Edits can be stored and curated centrally.
- Scalable: Mantle ETM can be deployed on the cloud or on a local network, and supports synchronization between servers.
- Cost-Efficient: Mantle ETM reduces the manpower needed to develop and deploy terrain by offering a high degree of automation at every stage.
- Constantly enhanced: Mantle ETM components are enhanced regularly with new customer-driven requirements and significant internal investment driving feature improvements such as the curated global base data and extended support for new runtimes and streaming terrain formats.
About Bohemia Interactive Simulations
Founded in 2001, Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) is a global software company at the forefront of simulation and training solutions for defense and civilian organizations. Our in-house engineers use the latest game-based technology to develop high-fidelity, cost-effective training and simulation software products and components for defense applications.
Globally, many hundreds of thousands of military personnel are trained every year using our high-fidelity VBS software products. More than 60 NATO and NATO-friendly countries, and over 300 integrators/prime contractors use VBS technology; many making significant funding commitments to extend VBS product capabilities. Our customers include the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, Australian Defence Force, Swedish Armed Forces, French MoD, UK MoD, and major integrators. Our flagship VBS products have become one of the most widely used COTS product ranges in the military-simulation sector, supporting hundreds of military use cases and greater military exploitation.